Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of The HeartShare School is to educate and support, with dignity and respect, children, adolescents and young adults on the autism spectrum in order to expand opportunities and enhance lives.
The HeartShare School's commitment to excellent services and supports will enable children, adolescents and young adults to reach their fullest potential and lead meaningful lives as active participants in society.
Commitment to the Individual
- Create a welcoming environment for all individuals.
- Provide person-centered services, recognizing individual needs and listening by honoring individual and family choices.
- Challenge individuals to reach their highest potential.
- Hire, train and retain the best available staff.
- Commit to the development of staff at all levels and in diverse ways.
- Honor our promises and commitments.
- Nurture an ethical environment.
- Value and reward honesty.
- Ensure respect of individual and employee rights.
- Take job responsibilities seriously; acknowledge mistakes and make corrections.
- Employ professionalism in all aspects of the job.
- Lead by example and serve as a role model to others.
- Provide ongoing education and training for our employees. Educate the community about our services.
- Surpass established standards set by funding and regulatory agencies on a consistent basis.
- Commit to continuous quality improvement.
- Provide responsive and respectful customer service.
- Cultivate a participatory work environment.
- Acknowledge the interdependence of all The HeartShare School programs and departments.
- Maximize intra- and inter-departmental communication.
- Offer and accept ideas that may bring change.
- Listen actively to other ideas, challenges and needs.
- Encourage a "can do" spirit and work ethic.
- Offer available resources to get the job done. Take ownership of tasks.
- Demonstrate a culture of curiosity, creativity, flexibility and entrepreneurship.
- Be sensitive to changing consumer needs. Be willing to change.
- Support and encourage the formulation of new ideas. Stay ahead of the curve.
- Keep current with research trends and cutting-edge technology.